I am very happy to announce that I have been nominated for The Versatile Blogger Award! Huzzah! My first award! I’d like to thank the Academy… I mean, I’d like to thank HaLin from Haphazard Linkages for nominating me. Your sense of humour is only surpassed by your ability to inundate (in the best possible way) your posts with sesquipedalian terms (I will never tire of that word) ;)
Now, the rules for this award are as follows:
1. Thank the person who gave you this award and include a link to their blog. (Check! But I’ll say it again: thank you!)
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Choose 15 blogs/bloggers that you enjoy and nominate them for the Versatile Blogger Award
Alright, let’s see, 7 things about myself:
1. I am left-handed. Here’s an interesting fact about lefties:
“If the left side of your brain controls the right side of your body, and the right side of your brain controls the left side of your body, then left-handed people must be the only ones in their right minds.”
~ W.C. Fields
2. My birthday is April 4th (almost there!), which makes my zodiac sign Aries, the Ram. This suits me perfectly as I can be extremely stubborn, headstrong and prone to headbutting ;)
3. In the last 5 years, I have lived in 6 different cities: Ste. Anne, MB (Canada); Winnipeg, MB (Canada); Skibbereen, Co. Cork (Ireland), Killarney, Co. Kerry (Ireland); Prince George, BC (Canada) and now finally Kelowna, BC (Canada).
4. I am a proud geek who enjoys the geeky things in life such as: Sci-Fi (including Star Wars and Star Trek), Fantasy, Anime, video games, memes, technology, Monty Python… There’s probably more, but let’s move on to the next one.
5. I am not a picky person. I generally can find something to enjoy in just about anything. One can usually find something good to say about any song, food, movie, TV show, book, art piece, etc. as long as you’re willing to look for it. Most people tend to look for the bad in things (e.g. “This movie is full of plot holes!”, “The lyrics to this song are grammatically incorrect!”, “My sandwich is asymmetrical!”), when it’s really very easy to see the good (e.g. “What colourful explosions this movie has!”, “These simple lyrics are fun and easy to sing along with!”, “My sandwich has bacon in it!”).
6. What else… This is harder than I thought. I… am tall? That’s something right? At 5’10 (177.8 cm), I’m considered taller than average for a woman. I’ve never minded being tall or anything, but I sometimes wish I were a little shorter just so that I could wear heels and not tower over everyone in the room.
7. And… let’s just pretend I added another one here. You can make something up if you want; maybe it will even end up being true :)
Now I’m supposed to nominate 15 other blogs/bloggers, but I’m not going to do that many, because I’m a rebel.
But seriously, I haven’t been doing this long enough to really have gotten to know 15 other blogs, so I’m just going to nominate a few with whom I’ve managed to become at least somewhat familiar. So without further ado, here are my nominations for The Versatile Blogger Award (in no particular order):
– Pouring My Art Out
– Off on a Tangent
They are all enjoyable and amusing in their own way and I highly recommend perusing their blogs when you have the chance.
So in conclusion, thank you all, dear readers, for your support, comments and likes for my blog. I shall endeavour to continue rambling about random things as best I can.
Chris, Random Deviations