For all of those wondering, it was intentional that I used “liebster” and not “lobster” in the title.
“Liebster” is a German word for “dearest” or “beloved”, therefore you’re all my beloved friends, and are not in fact my lobster friends.
But if you want to be my lobster friends, that’s fine too. I don’t discriminate against crustaceans.
The reason you’re all my liebster (and lobster) friends is that you always know how to make me smile and I enjoy making all of you smile. Smiles for everyone!
Also, I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Blog Award! Maybe I should have said that first. It would have made more sense… Oh well. In addition, I’ve also been nominated for the Versatile Blogger award! I am now especially smiley today because tadams4u from Laughing at Everyday Life saw fit to nominate me for these 2 (!) awards!
I am always flattered and honoured to be nominated. You get that nice, warm, fuzzy feeling inside when you realize that people actually read and enjoy your writing! It’s a great feeling and I love passing on that feeling to others, I really do. But sometimes the little rules attached to these awards can seem a little tedious. A little fun too, but still tedious. So I choose to look at them more as guidelines than anything else; you can follow as much or as little of them as you want. I figure as long as you’re sincere in your gratitude and in your own nominations, then that’s all that matters. :)
The awards I received are the Liebster Blog Award, which is awarded to bloggers with less than 200 followers who need a little extra recognition:
And the Versatile Blogger Award (Hooray! My second one!), which is basically awarded to any blog that you enjoy:
Now here are the rules for these lovely awards:
Versatile Blogger Award :
- Nominate 15 fellow bloggers (or as many as you deem worthy)
- Inform the bloggers of their nomination.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to them.
- Add the “Versatile Blogger Award” pic to your blog post.
Liebster Blog Award :
- Again, thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Nominate 5 other blogs with less than 200 followers (I think I’m going to take a page from tadams4u’s book and roll this one together with the Versatile Blogger Award lol)
- Let the nominees know about said nomination
- Lastly, add the “Liebster Blog Award” image to your post.
Welp, I better get started. First, I’m going to share 7 things about myself, but since I already did this just a short while ago with my last Versatile Blogger Award, I’m going to go through this at warp speed compared to last time.
- I can speak French.
- I’m very quiet and reserved in person. (I like to have an air of mystery around me lol)
- I hate green peppers.
- I have brown eyes.
- I have a dog.
- I like yoga, but don’t do it as often as I’d like.
- I have strange sense of humour (in case you hadn’t noticed)
Now onto the nominations. Like I said, I’m rolling both these awards into one, so the nominees shall receive both the Versatile Blogger Award and the Liebster Blog Award (2 for the price of 1!) I really have no idea how to tell how many followers a blogger has if they opt not to post it, so hopefully those I nominate don’t actually have 1,000 followers or something. If you happen to have more than 200 followers, please don’t be offended that I thought you were just an awesome up-and-coming blogger, and not an awesome, already famous blogger.
The nominees are fairly new discoveries for me and they are all unique in their own way. Some are humorous, some are thought-provoking, some are a mixture of both, but all of them are enjoyable:
Well, that meets the Liebster Blog Award quota at least… good enough. Make sure to check out these excellent bloggers and don’t forget to also visit my liebster nominator Laughing at Everyday Life!
Rock on my lobster friends! Rock on!